[SOLVED] email won't send

tomjung09

Okay, I can't figure this one out... I am sending 3 different emails from one page.  I am trying to get the first two to work.  This is the code for the first email sent:

//send email to user that was outbid
$to = $outbid_user;
$from_header = "SalvagedRides.com";
$subject = "You have been outbid!";
$contents = "You have been outbid on the " . $title . "motorcyle.  To bid on this bike again you can follow this link: http://www.salvagedrides.com/usa/home.php?innerframe=bike.php?id=" . $id . " \n\n Thank you for choosing SalvagedRides \n\n -The SalvagedRides Team";
  	ini_set('sendmail_from', 'postmaster@salvagedrides.com');
   	if(mail($to, $subject, $contents, $from_header)){echo "Mail sent to outbid user";}

This email will send, the second one however, no dice:

//send email to current high bidder
        $to_high = $userArray['email'];
$from_header_high = "SalvagedRides.com";
$subject_high = "You have been outbid!";
$contents_high = "You are the current high bidder on the " . $title . "motorcyle.  We will notify you if you are outbid.  Meanwhile, to check on the status of this bike, you can follow this link: http://www.salvagedrides.com/usa/home.php?innerframe=bike.php?id=" . $id . " \n\n Thank you for choosing SalvagedRides \n\n -The SalvagedRides Team";
  ini_set('sendmail_from', 'postmaster@salvagedrides.com');
   if(mail($to_high, $subject_high, $contents_high, $from_header_high)){echo "Mail sent to highbid user";}

It hangs up, since this code is before the header, nothing loads and the second email never sends.  Any idea why?  I have checked the $to_high it is filled correctly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.