Rasterize HTML Commands

mandark

Hello,

I'm seeking a way to rasterize (that is convert to a raster of bits) HTML commands. My belief is that I'd do this by directing the HTML to an off-screen window or port, and then asking to get back a JPEG or other image format of the bits of that window. This is done often in Windows. How does one do this in PHP?

Thanks.

I can't envisage what you're really trying to do.  Make an image of an html command doesn't make sense unless you want something trivial like an image with the word <table> in it (for example).

Windows is an operating system; php is a server-side scripting language.

I wonder if any of php's GD library is related to what you want to do??

What you are looking for is a 'html rendering engine'.  Usually that is done by the browser client side and no html rendering engine is available server side by php. The GD library won't do it for you.  Try doing a search on google for 'html rendering engine'.  I found this link:

http://www.terrainformatica.com/
-didn't read the whole site, don't know if it will work for you

-as with different browsers, different rendering engines may produce visually different images from the exact same html code.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.