I am quite aware that this is more of a design issue than anything, but I\'m creating Yet Another CMS and wondering what the best format for the storage of a user\'s data would be. Any insights people have had on this topic?
A few example questions to express what I mean:
- What should be the maximum size of the user-id field?
- The efficiency of creation, modification, and access dates?
- Password / encrypt / md5?
- Reasonable signature length cap?
- Avatar BLOBs?
- Seperate user-prefs table?
I hope you get what I mean. I just want to see what the most efficient design would be before I commit any user table to being the core of the system.
Best format for cms's user table?
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users