Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chat

is <tbody> necessary for good coding?

is <tbody> necessary or recommended for good coding of tables? i have no thead or tfoot, should i have a tbody though?

Im not really sure why you would use it other than to seperate your tr and td tags. That way you can have a class tag in just a sertain area. I don't use them at all though.

It's all about accessibility, so it could be construed as a recommended practice.

http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/tables/tablesaccessibility.html

[quote author=AndyB link=topic=102157.msg405108#msg405108 date=1154093912]
It's all about accessibility, so it could be construed as a recommended practice.

http://www.yourhtmlsource.com/tables/tablesaccessibility.html
[/quote]

It could be an accessibility advantage, preventing a user from setting undesirable browser options, but if the user knows what they're doing then maybe it's an accessibility problem to restrict/define things so much...

i'm not really sure, but i never like to trust a site that gets so mesed up when u click view > text size > largest  ::)

[quote author=Chat link=topic=102157.msg405215#msg405215 date=1154105274]
It could be an accessibility advantage, preventing a user from setting undesirable browser options, but if the user knows what they're doing then maybe it's an accessibility problem to restrict/define things so much...[/quote]

huh? It's accessible in the sense that it makes tables more comprehensible to screen readers, i.e. vision-impaired users. I'm hard pressed to see how that could be a problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.