banning

desithugg

umm i want to ban a user from my website but he has some program to change his ip i want to sue some other information to ban him i tried
$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];
but im not sure if its different for everycomp.and plus he can just change browsers.is there any predefined variable i can use to ban him which is different for everycomp.

if it's the right type of site you can just initiate a password protection policy.  Give the password to who you trust, or allow them to sign up, in order for him to get into your site, he has to put in a lot of information, just keep deleting his username, because you will know if he's putting in bullshit.  Make it a free registry, adn quick login, you don't even have to be that secure, just throw in a few sessions, without even worrying about it, then you can refine stuff in a few weeks if it turns out.

yes like manually approve them through an admin, if your having that kind of issue.
or better yet, get a friend to manually moniter posts, and have to manually approve all of them daily, get like 3 people with username's and passwords into an admin page, and get them too proofread them daily, whoever get's a chance can just empty them, with 3-4 people checking them, regularly it shouldn't delay the postings for very long.

actually you probably can I probably have a theory.
If you can find out his ip, wait until you have his ip, log the post's via ip.  Ok follow me here
1. Log all posts via ip, and database them with teh posting id.
When you find out you know is him, look up the id, and find out the ip.  Set up a script on the login page DON"T BAN HIM, just set up a script on the login page.  Put down
[code]
<?php
//check for ip, I don't know how to do that part yet.
if (ip = whatever) { // however you check for an ip address
$_SESSION['fuckyou'] = false;
if ($_SESSION['fuckyou'] = false) {
echo "Go to hell your not going to keep posting this bullshit, dumb ass fagget";
}
?>
[/code]

Alright now, do this everytime you see a new post, with a new ip, take that ip, and ADD it to an array of ip's, check those ip's each imte, no 2 people can have the same ip, so he will go through a lot of ip changes, and it won't matter, because it'll keep happening, eventually he'll get the point.

oh you'll have to redirect him to something that shows him what he is
like a certain midget site, that people shouldn't go to, just pop it in the url, and he will be redirected to another page using header, he won't be too ahppy, or find a site you KNOW has a virus, and redirect him to that site, and he will automatically get a virus on his computer.
using header, you can redirect them

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.