[SOLVED] User's status

deepson2

yes that what i asked you day before yesterday about this. like i dont want to keep user online for one page but for the whole site. but now i can put my updation query on different pages so with that i can update my last_access time accordingly.

If you are updating the same last_access time on all pages then it doesn't matter. Any one page will have updated the time and any other page will be checking the same time.

If you did want each seperate page to be recorded seperatly then you would want another table keyed on the user id and the page id with another column for the last time they refreshed that page. Not particularly difficult but also probably not really required.

All the best

Keith

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are updating the same last_access time on all pages then it doesn't matter. Any one page will have updated the time and any other page will be checking the same time.

I have few pages on site that keep on user busy other than profile.php.(and there i don't need to consider user's status. i mean i not showing them online or offline yet) if user keeps himself busy on these pages and i wont updated my last_access time on those pages. than on profile.php after its 15 minutes. user status automatically become offline though he/she is active on the other pages. i think i need to update my time on each page. so that ll keep user active and wont be counting as offline user on profile.php as well.

i think i need to update my time on each page. what you say?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.