[SOLVED] php advance help cheers,

redarrow

advance thank you.

As we all no php and mysql and html are all moving fast, and everybody seem to be programming.

well the big question is, as our broadband get cheaper and it getting even faster,

what do i study to keep up with the new trends , web sites in general are currently getting like live television programs the way they fe

ill and interact.

what programming language or programs do i learn next, or study to keep up with the professionals?

what do you recommend

example

advance JavaScript/ajax.

what programs?

.NET/Oracle my friend.  php will only get you so far.

personally, if I had a big company, I'd rather run it in asp (microsoft bs) with a oracle db than mysql and php... personal view...

has anybody got any information on a new JavaScript/ajax scripting language yet.

something that the browser can interact with, that the user can not turn off like JavaScript/ajax be nice or am i being to ambitious.

any news at all?

it very frustrating that JavaScript can be turned off and compatibility wise

a pain.

it time that all browser's come together and standardize the compatibility problems.

sick and tired off adding compatibility hacks to make browser compatible.

maybe there be a future css programming language to stop all this nonsence.

There's no javascript that the browser cannot turn off, but there are not many users that do (or know how to) turn it off. I also used to be conserned about this, but a prime example...

- Head to the facebook login page - http://www.facebook.com

- Turn off JavaScript

- Refresh (if necessary)

After doing these steps you should get a little message;

[pre]Javascript is disabled on your browser.

Please enable Javascript on your browser or upgrade to a Javascript-capable

browser to register for Facebook[/pre]

Now if one of the top three sites in the world is demanding javascript from its users, then why should I worry?

If you want to move forward on the 'interacting with the user' side of things, I'd recommend getting into a good javascript framework, jQuery would be my preference. This also has a strong ajax library which will reduce your code huge amount, and save you a lot of browser testing, though I would still test ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.