suggestions for improvement

hartzoua

Try disabling javascript and see what's left of the page, not very accessible.

I'm not too fond of the gray text on blue-grayish background, not that I can read greek, but the color doesn't help either ;)

I'd make the logo link back to the homepage.

Shouldn't the extreme web solutions image at the bottom link somewhere?

• You didn't specify a doctype so browsers don't have rules to go by they just have to guess
  • You're using tables for layout, you really shouldn't as tables are for tabular data!
  • You're using the <center> tag which has been depecrated for I think just over a decade
  • Your poll is made up out of divs, a poll is about the best example I can come up with as where a list should be used <ul><li>
  • You didn't use a <h1> (or h2/3/4/5/6, but those come after a h1)
  • You didn't use <labels> for your radiobuttons

Have a look here:

http://analyze.websiteoptimization.com/authenticate.php?url=http://www.extremews.gr/&

or install yslow and take a look for yourself.

Thanks a lot.

I agree with almost anything you said. Just an objection about the tables. I don't think i can manage this layout without tables! (of course it may not be the best layout ever.....  ;D)

I ll try to fix them.

Any other comments are acceptable

Seems like a very simple design to do without tables in my opinion, nothing is fluid and even the menu's are one big image, so that's 3 floats with some divs in them and you're done already.

I'd go as far as saying doing this in tables would be harder if you were to start out with 0 experience in both css/table based layout.

Nothing wrong with the looks in my opinion, top does feel a bit empty as there is a lot of space available underneath "Extreme web solutions".

Your images are lacking the alt attribute/alt text btw.

That's like saying if there is noone around you don't have to wait for a red traffic light.

If you ever wish to have a 'perfect web' were developing website is actually developing a website instead of working your way around various browser bugs then you may want to listen to what the w3c has to say. And for more than 10 years they've been saying don't use <center>

Well, the center is really empty.  And I'm not the biggest fan of the crude logo either, but that's just me.  Definitely needs more center content to fill it out though.

So, it's a Greek web design site? =P  Interesting.  Μιλώ ελληνικά. Οχτώ έτη στο ελληνικό σχολείο.  -_-

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.