login to one website from another?

michaellunsford

By default PHP uses a cookie to store the PHPSESSID on the site visitors computer. If you do a web search for cross-domain cookies there are quite a few hits. I've never attempted this myself and thier was too much information for me to absorb and regergitate here.

If you have/could have a single backend then you could have a custom session handler that would securely manage sessions across the two sites.
So, you would log on to your site and you would note that they are logged on in your database and then on the receiving website you check the referring URL for some kind of unique identifier and check that against the DB for authenticity.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.