dir doesn't exist

livewire

Hey everyone,

sorry if this has already been discussed here (couldn't find anything via search). I'm trying to install eGroupWare on my website and I get the error [quote]your files directory '/var/lib/egroupware/default/files' doesn't exist[/quote]. This directory is supposed to be outside the webroot dir (which in my case is /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/httpdocs). I'm running Apache 2.0, and uid.conf file contains
[code]User wwwrun
Group www
[/code]
Now, the permissions for the files directory are as follows:
[code]drwxrwxrwx  2 wwwrun www 4096 Jul 27 01:01 files
[/code]

It seems to be kind of a permissions problem. I guess Apache simply doesn't see this dir or cannot access it. It would be great if you guys could help me on this issue, as it's been killing me for 2 weeks now...

Thanks in advance,
Algirdas

• 2 weeks later...
[quote author=livewire link=topic=102353.msg406115#msg406115 date=1154284624]
Hey everyone,

sorry if this has already been discussed here (couldn't find anything via search). I'm trying to install eGroupWare on my website and I get the error [quote]your files directory '/var/lib/egroupware/default/files' doesn't exist[/quote]. This directory is supposed to be outside the webroot dir (which in my case is /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/httpdocs). I'm running Apache 2.0, and uid.conf file contains
[code]User wwwrun
Group www
[/code]
Now, the permissions for the files directory are as follows:
[code]drwxrwxrwx  2 wwwrun www 4096 Jul 27 01:01 files
[/code]

That is because the folder var/lib

It seems to be kind of a permissions problem. I guess Apache simply doesn't see this dir or cannot access it. It would be great if you guys could help me on this issue, as it's been killing me for 2 weeks now...

Thanks in advance,
Algirdas
[/quote]

Ok did you create the folder 'files' in /var/lib/egroupware/default/ ??

I am wondeing why you chose /var/lib to put egroupware in ?

It appears that since the folders are not owned by either wwwrun www you will not have write permissions. those two folders are owned by root and should have the permission of 755

• 1 year later...
i had this same problem too.  what i did was go into /setup/inc/functions.inc.php and changed line 93 to say "return true;"

this cleared up the problem right away.

if you plan on using egroupware to store files and such, i guess it is a security risk to have them in the web root, but i dont care, i just want it for the calander, and the other goodies...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.