page in a page**SOLLVED**

legohead6

Hi, i have a "my account page" on a website im creating and its set up in a table and on the left is a navagation and on the right i want to have the page its told to use display... when i user click on a page in the navagation it links to to this page the a GET variable telling it what page... then i use a switch to find what to do... but how do i turn what in a page into a variable but still have the php on those pages work..(each page has php too like if's and database commands...)

lol..k here it goes again

I have a page(profileh.php) or aka "My account". It has a navagation of its own for users to use like edit personal settings and stuff like that. The links on that navagation are all <a href=profileh.php?a=(page)> then i use a switch command to find out what page it wants

then i want that page to display in a designated area on profileh.php and have that pages php code still work! maybe fopen? but does that allow php to still work?

Sounds like you all you want to do is change the html output based on the setting of the variable a in the url.

Your basically on the right track using a switch statment just inside each switch statment set a variable($content) to the html you wish displayed the print or echo out the $content variable when and where you want it shown.

no...the switch tells what page i want... then i want the content of that page displayed..but those pages also have php code of there own! thats the problem!.. and i dont want to have a 300 line code with the code of all pages on the profileh.php page!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.