Include_once anchor or section?

tmsos

Hello,
I want to display daily text on certain sections of my website. Currently I just have an html file for each day of the month - I add the text to each file and then have it display the text on my site based on the day of the month  <?php include_once("folder/files/".date("md").".html");  ?>

My question is, is there a way where I could just have one html file with 31 paragraphs of information (as opposed to 31 html files). Then add an anchor or number each of them as a table (not really sure how to do it) - but anyway I was wondering if there would be any way to include a paragraph from the html file based on what day it is, or just go in the order of 1 to 31.

So if it were July 30th, the php would pull the 30th paragraph or section from the one main html file, and display only that certain sections text.

I tried awhile back, but had no luck. - Basically I am looking to get around updating pages everyday for every month

If I could just paste 365 paragraphs in one file, and have them display in order or based on what day it was, that would be great. I would settle for 12 files with 31 (30, 29, 28) paragraphs.

I do have a Mysql database too, if you have any ideas there.

If possible I was looking to have the information pulled from a text or html file. - A lot of the hassle in displaying daily content is having to paste the content in an individual file. I seems like it would be a bigger hassle to add this information into a database. Especially if the content changes or needs to be updated.

I will look at the database thing more, but if anybody has any ideas on how to pull out a paragraph from one file, as I said either in order or based on what day of the month it was, let me know.

-It would be a lot easier to manage 12 files (for each month of the year) or even one large file with 365 paragraphs, as opposed to 365 individual files.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.