Can Crystal Reports be used with MySQL?

Chrisj

I looked at Crystal Reports about a year and a half ago.  The report designer was easy to use and seemed to work well.  However I couldn't find on clear, concise piece of information about how to render the report from my web application.  All I was looking for was a service or executable that I could pass my report design into and get a report generated from; my application would handle giving the report to the correct users and other such tasks.

All I could find for CR was how to deploy it in their own reporting suite that would have to be installed at client locations (that clients would have to pay licenses for).

So I did what I always do and used BIRT.  It's not perfect, but it sure is better than making reports "by hand" and it's better than dealing with a company that just wants to sell you something every time you want a simple solution.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.