2 replies to this topic

#1 stacylynn79

stacylynn79
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:26 AM

Hi everyone. :)

This question is so...bizzar that I don't even know how to ask it, but here goes.

I've installed Apache server on my machine and PHP, too. I have to apparantly log onto the Interent to transfer my php files and I'm initially trying to test to see if my php is installed properly. So, the problem I'm having with it is the password. I use Wise-FTP (the free version) where it asks for a password to transfer the files and I don't know where I'm supposed to give it a password and username. Do I give a password in the Apache files or should I go to a Wise-ftp board and ask for help? It's kind of weird that I can't even access my own server that's installed on my computer!  :D

Any help is appreciated. :)

#2 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

If its on your own computer, you dont need to use FTP! Just copy the files to the htdocs folder or whatever folder Apache is setup to use to server the files to the intranet/internet.

#3 stacylynn79

stacylynn79
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:48 PM

If its on your own computer, you dont need to use FTP! Just copy the files to the htdocs folder or whatever folder Apache is setup to use to server the files to the intranet/internet.

Okay, thanks, wildteen88. I'll give it a try. I'm following the directions in a php book with installing Apache and php and all that good stuff. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users