Windows / PHP Problem

JosiaMFire2

Ok, well I have been learning php for a couple of weeks (about an hour a day) I can do bits n pieces. Recently I made a big mistake of setting php by default to open with ie.. this has come to haunt me. whenever I run an html that uses a php script, it will open the ie download box, and try get me to download ?.php, how can I reset ie, so it will try and run the script in ie instead of trying to download the script.
I would apreciate quick response, cheers Josh

Web browsers, such as IE, FF, Opera etc, cannot parse php code. So theres no point in running php files through a web browser. What you'll want to do is install a server onto you PC. Such as Apache, or if you are on XP Pro/Windows Server OS you'll be able to use IIS. However Apache is better.

PHP runs on the server and not the client, which HTML does that why you can run HTML files through a web browser. Once you've installed a server and configured it to parse any PHP files with the PHP Interpretor you can go to http://localhost/filename.php and your PHP scripts will now run.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.