delete records form

Hey yes i no what you mean, i never played with dreamweavers MYSQL functions and that until i had learnt php/mysql its a good way to go about leaning webdesign leanr the code before using programs that do all the coding for you

$sql = "DELETE FROM table WHERE field='somevalue'";
 $result = mysql_query($sql);

hope you can insert this successfully into your page

I personaly started at http://www.webmonkey.com under the programming menu on the right hand side of the page, it is very simple things but then if you start looking at code on forums like this and at other script you soon get the hang of where things go and what they do. :) im writing some tutorials in my spare time at the moment i should have a few done in the next month or so, im kinda just writing them in spare time like on bus rides to college and work, so i proberly wont be able to read what ive writen any way :P lol

Shocker-z:

Great! Thanks for the suggestion, i'll check it out. I just recently started up a company for web design...well, actually it's so I can sub-contract for an installer for an alarm company, but the main focus of my business will be e-commerce. I'm thinking about taking it correspondently at the Academy of Learning (a Canadian correspondent college).

What are you taking in college?

Shaun McKinnon

256 FX Designs

homepage (definitely not complete)

I could see why it would be nice to have the delete functionality, however I generally will program an application without a delete function on purpose. For archival purposes I usually want things to stick around in the database. What I do is have a field for active/inactive and than set it to a default bit of "1", if I want to "delete" it than I have a form set that bit to "0" and eliminate it from any of my listings.

SELECT * from table WHERE active <> 0

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.