Help with require() statement using URL_fopen_wrappers.

r3gan

Can anyone give me some help on using a require() statement to include a PHP script from a different machine?  I am able to call & run the script via the require() statement because there are print() statements in the remote script that are echoed to the browser when I run my page, however I cannot get it to return anything from the remote script back to my local script.  The remote script is a .php extension and the remote machine is configured to parse PHP scripts, so the code is being processed on the remote machine.  How do I set up that remote script so that it will pass results / variables back to my calling script that I can use??

The copy & paste idea works for local files being required, however it doesn't seem to behave the same way for my remote file.  Here's the setup:
[pre][size=10pt]-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Local file:
<?php
//
// some php code here
//
require("http://www.example.com/myDir/myFile.php");
if (isset($myVar))
  print $myVar;
else
  print "variable does not exist";
?>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remote file:
<?php
$myVar = "variable exists";
?>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size][/pre]

The example above prints "variable does not exist".  So the variable being created in the remote script is not sent back for use in the local php script.  Am I doing something wrong?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.