send data/keystrokes to external website

sdaniels

Is it possible to send data to an external website?

for instance: if i have a link on a site that I maintain. I wnat to click the link and have it open a different website that I do not maintain and fill out some form info on that site automaticly...

can this be done?

Yeah, I recently found out how to, it involves fsockopen() and more, however, now I tried this on normal hosts (not my local one) then it's always blocked. Anyway, I don't know what kind of data you want to send but POST and GET data are possible. If you want that, say so and I'll see if I can find the link.

thats exactly what im looking for.

an example of what I need would be something like a link on my site that says yahoo, and when clicked it openes yahoo.com and then submits a post in the search field.

Im tryiing to make a page that will store all my usernames and passwords in a table, when i click the link to the site I want it to launch the page and fill out my info automaticly.

and for those of you that are going to tell me: yes i am aware that most browsers have a feature that allready does this. but it only works from that pc under my profile, i want to be able to access it from anywhere.

You might be able to accomplish this by simply finding out the variable names of the target site's form, and then passing the variables to that page.  For example, if the form's text field is named "userName", then you might be able just point to http://www.example.com/page?userName=myusername

I was talking about [url=http://www.zend.com/zend/spotlight/mimocsumissions.php]this[/url]. I recommend using this default function as it saves you time and can handle POST and GET data. Get it [url=http://www.zend.com/codex.php?id=77&single=1]here[/url].

Most sites will distinguish between get and post variables when parsing forms. Just find their action page in the form tag, and replicate their form, jsut change the element types to hidden (except the submit button) and fill in your values. Then just name the submit button the site you're logging in to.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.