Safari For Windows?

cmgmyr

Well the only reason why I would need it is that I have a possible client that has a website that works in IE, FF, Opera, but not in Safari. But if he makes a few changes it works in Safari but not in the other 3. I just need it to test the site so I don't need to keep on e-mailing him all the time going "OK check it now" and having him send screen shots back.

-Chris

Yeah, that's possible.  The ones I've seen are very pricey, so if you want to invest that much money into cross-OS compatibility, kudos.  I haven't seen any free ones (but then again I haven't really looked).  My experience in using a Windows emulator on Mac was horrifying, however.  Even on a G4, everything took eons longer to do.  But I mean, it's up to you, really.  If you are going to do that, you ought to check out the other Mac browsers and make sure everything is fine with those too, just so the issue doesn't potentially arise in the future.

As far as I'm aware, Safari is based on the KHTML engine - The same as Konqueror which is generaly packaged with Linux installs running KDE. It is possible to get Konqueror running on WinXP, but I'm not sure how easy it is - A quick search on Google will show you how.

It might be just easier to burn off a copy of Knoppix.

Do mac users activly use Safari? I use on FireFox on mine...

It's the standard on Macs, like IE on Windows.  I don't use it much, though.  I used to use Camino primarily, although now I've switched to Firefox since Camino's support for flash and Java is absolutely horrid.  I do know a good amount of Safari users, though.

as i said, turnaround time isn't that great (and the list isn't that complete).  if you want a really good one, try:

[url=http://www.browsercam.com]www.browsercam.com[/url]

but you have to pay for that one.  not trying to advertise (i have no vested interest in the site), just saying it's a handy tool.

It would be nice to be able to run Safari on the PC.  Only issue I have with a website I work on is that people say in Safari (1 or 2 people anyway) have said my menus don't work.

Their javascript/css based. They work on all other browsers with no issues.

The rest of the site works.. just the drop down menus done. *shrug*

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.