[Linux commands] I have no Idea.

Dobakat

Well I am a php coder and I am trying to make an Text-Based Game. Every 15 minutes every user should get +5 energy, every midnight they should be healed, and many other things that need to be done on daily, hourly, minutly, weekly bases. I found out that on my host there are Cron Jobs, that will execute a comand. Sadly for me it says that "You need to have a good knowledge of Linux commands before you can use cron jobs effectively" but I have no ideas on Linux Commands. Is it posible that through this Cron Jobs using Linux Commands execute a .php file? In this file it will contain the MySql query that shall be run, depending on the time. If it is possible, can someone tell me how? Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.