Website Clip Art

DavidCT

You used to be able to buy clip art on CD for cheap, but I can't find anything locally anymore and online it seems expensive with all sorts of restrictions.  Is there anything out there for a reasonable price that is usable for commercial websites?

Why buy it?  There are plenty of sites that offer free stock photos.

www.sxc.hu is one of them.  And I've used Google images to snag a few as well.  I'm sure there are others as well.

That site seems a little expensive to me.  $18 for a large photo?  Really?  And the subscriptions are insane, especially for someone that does this on the side.  It would be insanely expensive for me to build up a small portfolio.

edit: then again, maybe I don't know how images are normally priced.

Why buy it?  There are plenty of sites that offer free stock photos.

www.sxc.hu is one of them.  And I've used Google images to snag a few as well.  I'm sure there are others as well.

I looked at sxc.hu, seems usable - but they don't guarantee they are really legal to use :)

I've used google images for my personal site, but it's not legal to "borrow" stuff for a commercial site.  Well, it's not legal for a personal site either, but you know what I mean.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  If anyone has any others let me know, thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.