Which CMS to use

williamZanelli

Hi guys,

I want to set up a car/lift sharing website.

As in where if your travelling from, say London to York (in the UK), you post your journey and how many seats u have avilable in ur vehicle,

People looking to travel same location can then contact you and u can reserve a seat for them.

People can then rate their passengers/drivers etc.. accordingly..

It's a social project, non-profit, any ideas which CMS etc I could use fulfill this criteria??

I suspect there'll very few CMS's that could fulfill this.. but something close would be good, I have no probs modifying it.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Will

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suggest Joomla 1.5, and then use community builder. I like your idea.

I do like Joomla as it has a very good library and very good support. I have found it very easy to make a custom application for joomla 1.5.

Think about Mobile version and iphone application too!!  ;)

While I do like Drupal a lot but I'm using Joomla for the reasons you mentioned.

Let me know how to are going, I like your project.

To tell you the truth I like Drupal just because it uses jQuery, and very easy to use however I have developed most of my clients websites in Joomla and I found it easier to work with.

Let me know how your project going, and let me know if you need any help. I like your project idea.

Cheers

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.