Review of php_noob

AndyB

Finally got around to a new look for the site I use for my free php scripts, etc. (everything is supposed to work)

It's intended as a functional site rather than as a visual extravaganza. Any comments appreciated but accessibility and usability comments are particularly welcome.

www.digitalmidget.com/php_noob2006

i like it,
it's actually quite good visually, I spent a minute just running my mouse over the navigation.

the only issue I see is that on you script pages the demonstartion and documentation links are beneath the navigation and it took me a minute to find them, maybe move the inks to the top right of the page or beneath the pictures of the scripts in action,

i like your scripts though, especially captcha, and i actually might use the comments script for my cartoon pages.

As mober stated, I don't like the bottom gradient, but for me it's not the scale, I just don't like it.  The rest of the site looks pretty good, but from what I remember, I may have liked the old colors a little more. I would either try a solid color with a light text over it, or a light gradient with the dark text starting at the top, not pushed down below it.

First off - it looks nice IMO. The scripts look really nice too. I might use a few.

The problem is at different resolutions.
At 1024 x 768 - I dont immediately see the footer - and it looks nice when I scroll down to the bottom of the page. However as mentioned earlier - I dont see the 3 options - Demo, Documentation, Download. I completely missed them only for they were mentioned here!

At larger resolutions - one immediately sees the 3 options - docu, demo, download. - but the gradient is too apparent and is always there.

Also you navigation could grow a lot if you add in more projects. You might want to rethink the navigation menu if you are going to have a lot of packages.

Tis nice tho.
-steve

It's lovely for me. Easy to navigate, lovely colorscheme. I do agree with the person above, if you are going to be offering lots of scripts you might have to re-think the menu design. Perhaps break them up into categories?

[quote author=steviewdr link=topic=102636.msg408288#msg408288 date=1154542850]
In IE6 - your icons in the footer are seperated. The 508 is at the very bottom on its own.

-steve
[/quote]
I know ... and I have no idea why it's like that.  Pretty simple and straightforward code in that footer - three consecutive images floated right.

[quote author=AndyB link=topic=102636.msg408299#msg408299 date=1154543838]
[quote author=steviewdr link=topic=102636.msg408288#msg408288 date=1154542850]
In IE6 - your icons in the footer are seperated. The 508 is at the very bottom on its own.

-steve
[/quote]
I know ... and I have no idea why it's like that.  Pretty simple and straightforward code in that footer - three consecutive images floated right.
[/quote]

I think that the more simple, the code the more trouble IE has rendering it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.