[SOLVED] Revenue idea for phpfreaks (The first one)

There used to be a "have you been helped?" type of thread stickied in the php help forum that asked for donations and you could also post donations you made.  If memory serves correct, I believe we removed it when we implemented the subscription based phpfreak supporter member group. 

I still have one in my sig.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still right here in this very board. If people don't want ads, but still want to support us they can do a donation. In return ads are hidden for them for some time if they use the subscription feature.

Either way that was never for monetizing either. It was for covering costs of keeping this place up. You can have a lot of volunteers, but things like hardware, bandwidth and electricity cost money.

There used to be a "have you been helped?" type of thread stickied in the php help forum that asked for donations and you could also post donations you made.  If memory serves correct, I believe we removed it when we implemented the subscription based phpfreak supporter member group.

I never even knew they had a subscription type thing. How would one subscribe? I'd imagine not too many people subscribed though or even not that many people even knew such a feature existed!  :shrug:

In your profile and in a sticky topic in this board.

http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions