Laptop failing to start...somtimes.

GingerRobot

Ok, so first off I know this isn't a computer help forum, but i figure i'll ask you guys first anyway.

Basically, i spilled some water on my laptop a week ago. I dried it out and left it to dry for a couple days, but no dice. Or so i thought. At the moment, one of a few things happen when i press the power button:

1.) It starts up fine (not happening particularly often though)

2.) The bios screen loads, before telling me it cannot find an internal hard drive. When this happens, i am able to boot using an Ubuntu live CD. Plus, if i retry then somtimes 1.) happens.

3.) Other than the powerlight turning on, nothing happens.

Also, when things are working normally, the hotkeys at the top of the keyboard light up in sequence after pressing the power button. Sometimes there's a delay -- from 5ish seconds to 30 -- before this happens. Laptop then proceeds to one of the steps above.

In some ways, this sounds like a bad connection somewhere -- when something works sometimes but not others, that usually a safe bet. But, if that were the case, i'd expect to run into problems once the laptop's turned on. But, touch wood, i've not been. Once i'm booted up, things seem to go ok.

Anyone have any thoughts?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.