4 replies to this topic

#1 timgetback

timgetback
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:38 AM

Hey..... guys i know ive been a pain in da ass. but i got one more major quesion. I used the code:
<?php phpinfo() ?> 
to figure out why my phpmailer wasnt working and why it kept changing mail() to array().. What i found is in the diable_fuctions section.. the mail function was listed. Also register globals are off. My questions is how do i turn register_globals on and how to i enable the mail() function.. im using a free hosting site called trap17.net its really good but back to the point i need to enable the mail() function cause its crucial to my site project.

#2 kenrbnsn

kenrbnsn
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 8,235 posts
  • LocationHillsborough, NJ, USA

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:42 AM

You do NOT want to turn on register_globals. With register_globals enabled, you code is much more vulnerable to security problems.

If you're on a free hosting service, then they have disallowed the mail function for reasons which are probably in error. Speak to their tech support people.

Ken

#3 onlyican

onlyican
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 921 posts
  • LocationHants - UK

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:28 AM

a lot of companies are blocking the mail function now because of spamming, which affects the servers as well you know
Tell me the problem, I will try tell you the solution

#4 timgetback

timgetback
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:51 AM

Thanks alot.... i ditched that hosting service and found another one thanks alot...

#5 onlyican

onlyican
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 921 posts
  • LocationHants - UK

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:55 AM

I did not say your hosting company has, and some hosting comapnies can make exceptions
ALL have alternatives
Tell me the problem, I will try tell you the solution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users