[SOLVED] nadeem

.josh

DUAL 2 CHIPS PENTIUM D 3GHz x2 XP SP3 500GB HD 2GB RAM 20 inch Dell (OLD:Work: Apple Mac OSX 10.5.6 - 1GHz PowerPC Processor G4 1MB L3 Cache - 1 GB DDR SDRAM.)

Home: Compaq Presario - Windows Vista Home Premium - AMD Athalon 64 2.4 GHz - 1.536 GB DDR RAM - Western Digital Caviar 500 GB IDE 16MB Cache HD.

Laptop: Compaq Presario Vista HomePrem AMD Sempron (2.1GHZ, 512 KB Cache) 2 GB Ram 250 GB HD 15" With a cam and blutoothheadphones

Entertainment: XBOX 360 - triple-core IBM designed Xenon CPU Dual threading processors - ATI Xenos which has 10 MB of eDRAM 512 MB DDR Graphics. Fully Wireless - 1080p - 32 " Toshiba LCD.

I have a quad core 3.6Ghz 64 bit 6gb ram blahblah more blah point is, mine is bigger than yours, so quite bragging.  Also, it's not the size of the hard drive that matters. It's how you ram it. And by ram it, I mean put it in the cache. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CV, just because you use your ram as a HD does not mean your HD is better than his. ;)

Also, size does not matter. We have these old super computers that are HUGE and yet can be slower than modern machines.

CV, just because you use your ram as a HD does not mean your HD is better than this. ;)

Also, size does not matter. We have these old super computers that are HUGE and yet can be slower than modern machines.

Hey if you wanna be speedy gonzalez 30 second man, by all means, go for it. 

Haha, yeah yeah, thats just a minor detail.

I can get a decent FPS off most games @ highest settings, and have run Crysis on High (not ultra because didn't have dx10 at the time) with I think it was 8xAA and still was hitting low-mid 40FPS.

Woah, not a game lover!? I couldn't live on without them. (Well I could but thats besides the point.)

You are missing out on alot, CV. CV, when you get angry and want to punch/beat up/etc. someone, what do you do? Myself, I go on crysis, grab some bad guy by the neck and throw him off a ledge. That'll teach him!  >:(

Yeah, possibly. Possibly not though, corbin. I can run crysis on a 9600 ati with 2.2ghz single core on lowest settings with about...10-20 FPS. My computer isn't exactly new, so unless your computer is older, you'll be able to run it.

Woah, not a game lover!? I couldn't live on without them. (Well I could but thats besides the point.)

You are missing out on alot, CV. CV, when you get angry and want to punch/beat up/etc. someone, what do you do? Myself, I go on crysis, grab some bad guy by the neck and throw him off a ledge. That'll teach him!  >:(

Haha well I didn't say I'm not a game lover.  I mean, I used to really get into them.  Hell, I spent most of my life poking at code for the sole reason of wanting to make a game, even since I was knee-high to a grasshopper.  But then I grew up, got married, had kids.  Hung up those spurs like 10 years ago.  I'll go out and buy my kids a wii and some games or whatever, maybe even sit down and play a few rounds with them, but...meh. 

To me, games are starting to get too complicated and lifelike.  Getting to the point where I spend so much time and energy trying to learn some system, master all these challenges and straining my brain to problem solve...I'm just like dude..I do this same shit in real life, only I get paid to do it.  So...I'm looking at games these days and it's like I'm paying someone out there so I can work.  And I'm just like ..er..wait a minute.. not only have games turned into being just like work, but now I'm paying you instead of you paying me?

You know, if anything, I'd say phpfreaks is my "game".  Rules to follow. Get more superpowers the higher level you get.  Increase your level by doing things like answering questions, building things, figuring out systems, etc.. Come here when I'm bored or when I get off work and want to relieve stress, and midget pr0n just isn't cutting it.

Yeah, possibly. Possibly not though, corbin. I can run crysis on a 9600 ati with 2.2ghz single core on lowest settings with about...10-20 FPS. My computer isn't exactly new, so unless your computer is older, you'll be able to run it.

Oh >.<

10 FPS doesn't sound very good :-\

I don't mind cranking down the settings in a game to make it playable. To me, the story is the primary thing, looks are secondary. If a game has a good story I can live with it being a little ugly.

To me, games are starting to get too complicated and lifelike.  Getting to the point where I spend so much time and energy trying to learn some system, master all these challenges and straining my brain to problem solve...I'm just like dude..I do this same shit in real life, only I get paid to do it.  So...I'm looking at games these days and it's like I'm paying someone out there so I can work.  And I'm just like ..er..wait a minute.. not only have games turned into being just like work, but now I'm paying you instead of you paying me?

You mutilate limbs on aliens to kill them on a space ship for a living (picture)? That's pretty badass.

Well you know, someone has to do it.  Not really your standard 9-5 job, but..meh. Get to travel to new places. Meet new people..er..things..whatever.  Almost hooked up with this chick in the alpha quadrant, until I found out her race's mating ritual involved her eating me. 

Kinda on the fence about being the lab rat for new super soldier serums they keep coming up with though.  I mean sometimes it's like "free drugs, woot!" But then other times it's like gd UGH wtf did they do to me this rash is killing me and having a 3rd arm is NOT as cool as I thought it would be :(

Once or twice?  Beginner coders ask dumb questions all the time.

i only play games on my xbox 360, pc gaming is for obsessed people

Console gaming and computer gaming is entirely different to me....

crayon - and daniel0 do you guys rember a few years back when i was a budding developer - do you rember me asking any dum question i think i did once or twice

Don't remember anything specific off the top of my head about any particular question...only thing about you that really stands out in my mind about you is that for a while there you were going through a  "I'm going to talk like a script kiddie and hot dammit you'd better respect me nonetheless" phase.  You've (mostly) gotten a lot better about that, though.

Just go to your profile, click on your view posts link.  Start on the last page.

CV, when you get angry and want to punch/beat up/etc. someone, what do you do?

I personally, normally turn off the console and decide that the game is cheating me in some kind of conspiracy theory.

Games are crappy these days, can't beat the old stuff like C&C Gold and Final Fantasy VII...