base64 encode/decode help

newbtophp

OK I've found a way to decode, I have to place the encoded base64 in encoded_file.php and run the below script, which then provides the source code.

Except if the code is encoded numerous times, I have to place the eval...base64 in encoded_file.php, run the below script and then copy the new eval...base64 back an fourth in to encoded_file.php until the source code is displayed.

Is their a way to auto run this so I just place the encoded in encoded_file.php and the results will display in the below script, without me having to keep on copying and pasting.

<?php

// Open and read the content of the encoded file into a variable
$file = file_get_contents('encoded_file.php');

// Strip php tags
$file = str_replace('<?php', "", $file);
$file = str_replace('<?', "", $file);   // Make sure to get rid of short tags....
$file = str_replace('?>', "", $file);

// Strip new lines
$file = str_replace("\n", "", $file);

// Add semi colon to get around a parsing issue.
$file = $file.';';

// Change the Eval function
$file = str_replace('eval', 'echo ', $file);

// Function to eval the new string
function deval()
{
  global $file;
  ob_start();
  eval($file);
  $contents = ob_get_contents();
  ob_end_clean();
  return($contents);
}

// Run the code thru once
$file = deval();

// Counter
$cnt = 1;

// Loop it till it's decoded
while(preg_match('/^\?><\?php eval/', $file))
{
  $file = str_replace('?><?php eval', 'echo', $file);
  $file = str_replace('?><?', "", $file);
  $file = deval();
  ++$cnt;
}

//clean up some tags
$file = str_replace('?><?php', "", $file);
$file = str_replace('?><?', "", $file);

echo $cnt,' iterations<br/><br/>';
echo '<pre>';
echo $file;
echo '</pre>';
?>

I really don't understand your problem.

If you have

eval(base64_decode(strtr(strrev('$code')));

, then

base64_decode(strtr(strrev('$code'))

will be evaluated as PHP code. Just echo it instead of evaluating it. I don't see the problem. The output of the latter will have to be valid PHP code. Otherwise you'll get a fatal error.

No I must have explained it wrong, what I mean, is the script I just posted renames eval to echo and displays the result.

Except if the encoded script is nested, so base64 is encoded on top of another base64; then the result will display the first base64 layer and show the second layer as the result, I have to keep copying the output back in to the encoded_file.php until it displays the real php source.

So is their a way which will automatically loop it, so it decodes all the base64 no matter how many times its encoded/layered/nested.?

If you still dont understand, try encoding an encoded base64 string and submitting it to encoded_file.php, and running the above decode script, you'll see that it just displays the result as the first encoded base64 string. It dont loop/run until all source is displayed.

nested = encoded numerous times using same encoding

Hmm... maybe something like this:

function decode($phpCode)
{
if (stripos($phpCode, 'eval') === false) {
	return $phpCode;
}

$phpCode = trim($phpCode);

if (substr($phpCode, -1) != ';') {
	$phpCode .= ';';
}

$phpCode = eval(str_replace('eval', 'return', $phpCode));

if (stripos($phpCode, 'eval') !== false) {
	$phpCode = decode($phpCode);
}

return $phpCode;
}

It's a bit difficult testing without having any sample code, but I think it should work.

Edit: Okay, it should work.

echo decode("eval(base64_decode('ZXZhbChiYXNlNjRfZGVjb2RlKCdaV05vYnlBaVJtOXZJanM9JykpOw=='))");

outputs:

echo "Foo";

which is two times "encoded".

Yes thanks, that works.

Whereas I tried another type of base64 string and it returned errors:

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code on line 10

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code on line 12

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code on line 15

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code:10) in /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code on line 5

This is the string type im trying to decode:

eval(base64_decode(strrev('$string')))

Its encoded 7 times using base64.

Yes thanks, that works.

Whereas I tried another type of base64 string and it returned errors:

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code on line 10

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code on line 11

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code on line 12

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code on line 15

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code:10) in /home/dechost/public_html/baser.php(49) : eval()'d code on line 5

This is the string type im trying to decode:

eval(base64_decode(strrev('$string')))

Its encoded 7 times using base64.

Edit: Another bug, the encoded base64 is functioning/running (like a normal php script) instead of displaying the php source code. (so i can copy)

who's script are you trying to reverse engineer?

A wp footer, i want to see whats within it. Theirs usually malicous code in most free wp skins.

As you can see since the designer has encoded the base64 7 times, its becoming hard to decode.

I might use this technique in my footer when it comes my own scripts.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.