Firefox 3.5

jcombs_31

I downloaded the beta version of FF 3.5 a while ago, and I found that it had some cool CS3 features that FF 3.0 didn't have, such as drop shadows.

I like FF 3.5, but there aren't too many changes...

They should add something like chrome, where it has a list of favorites, most viewed sites, etc. when you open up a new tab...

Oh, I mean really slow.  Much slower than 3.0.

51 seconds just now x.x.

Once it loads it's fine.  It's just initially coming up.  New tabs/windows open instantly, and I don't have any addons installed.  It's weird.

Oh, I mean really slow.  Much slower than 3.0.

51 seconds just now x.x.

Once it loads it's fine.  It's just initially coming up.  New tabs/windows open instantly, and I don't have any addons installed.  It's weird.

FF3.5 is alot quicker for me on Win7. Loads in a few secounds. Although I did do a clean install.

Hrmmm....  I entirely uninstalled Firefox 3.0....

Perhaps soemthing is left in the registry or something that's messing with it.  Or more likely it's something from my ghetto carrying over of my Vista files.

(symlinks galore in my AppData folder lol)

Damn too late to edit...

Finally something came up in Google.  I guess it was too new yesterday for people wiht similar problems to have already started posting haha.

Anyway: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1326105

Basically Firefox likes to read all of the temporary files, which slows things down.  I was wondering why there were over a million I/O operations....  It would seem I should clean my temporary files every now and then haha.

I upgraded this morning.  Oddly enough, the auto-update failed miserably.  But I've had that happen before.  I had to download the full upgrade from Chrome and then run it again.  At least I didn't have to start from scratch.

Then there was the ordeal of updating add-ons.  FF upgrades have always been painful for me... maybe it's my work laptop or something, as my home computers don't have these issues.

No, it's not your work laptop.  Firefox updates are a bitch for me too.

Even minor updates always seem to go wrong for me.  lol.  I think I just have bad luck and try to make things more complicated than need be though lol.

I downloaded the beta version of FF 3.5 a while ago, and I found that it had some cool CS3 features that FF 3.0 didn't have, such as drop shadows.

I like FF 3.5, but there aren't too many changes...

They should add something like chrome, where it has a list of favorites, most viewed sites, etc. when you open up a new tab...

Well there is a opera like thingy for new tabs https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4810, not completely chrome like.. but at least closer than what it was.

Upgrade for me has been pretty painless under windows.. for linux I'll upgrade my openSUSE milestone 2 to 3 first before updating firefox.

Of the 'speed dial' effects, Opera's is my fav (chrome's is for most visited -  which can be useful in it's own right). But sooner or later, everyone is going to mimic everyone, and all the big browsers will basically feature the same things.. only exception is that IE will still be behind the rest with regards to speed, security and web standards.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.