User Login Trouble PHP MySQL

Hi all,

I am new to dynamic sites and development in general. I am having a problem in Dreamweaver MX2004 with a User Login script.

I use the Server Behaviour to login a user from a form. The login is tested against a MySQL table which DW connects to ok.

Trouble is, i want to test FORM username against DATABASE username, and FORM password against DATABASE password. Dreamweaver keeps changing the latter element "pasword" to "first_name"; a different field in the DB Table.

I tried to manually override it but with no success. If i enter username and first_name variables matching the Database, it works. I don't want 'first_name' as a password though lol.

Any help would be great.

Regards,

Duncan.

:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Just upload your page to your sever as it is then access your page once its live. Change the details on first_name/username on the fly with Dreamweaver and everything should be OK. Dreamweaver has a lot of silly quirks when working with php mainly due to what info it has in its cache. Once you get to know these you'll be flying.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.