Need Some Oppinions

Unholy Prayer

I need some oppinions on my website.  First, is if you like the template.  Second, is what you guys think I should add to it.  The areas below the right navigation and news articles are very empty, so I was wondering what you guys think.

http://www.mtechdev.com/

Note: The client of the month content is just temporary so it doesn't look empty.

Template? As in, something that you didn't create?
Well, aside from coding that looks downright messy, invalid code, the use of black text on grey background, the plain forum logo, and the emptiness, it's fine, I suppose. However, I find it unprofessional to take a phpBB template, then use it and its images to create a site template without crediting the template. Of course, to use a template as a base is in that alone fairly uncreative, as all you are doing is taking someone else's work, images and all, and claiming you "created" it. Sure, you created the site front-end's template, but not the original skin.

Wow, you think I stole the images from a pre-made PHPbb2 template?  I made that template by myself.  I hand coded the HTML.  There are still some bugs in the template coding.  That's why it's so messy.  Where's your proof that I downloaded that template?  I designed the template and made the PHPbb2 template from the same images, just different names.  Before you accuse someone of stealing, find proof.

the layout looks exactly like a typical mambo or similar pre-made templating system.  nothing new, nothing inspired, and nothing that particularly makes me want to read anything on the site.

if you're trying to make a good development site, you're going to need some new ideas and a less busy index page.  i didn't even know where to start looking, really.  furthermore, it would be nice to have some more colours in there, be it with photos, extra graphics, or what.  as it stands, it's plain and tantamount to flogging a dead horse.

• 2 weeks later...
And it looks very similiar to a template I was looking at awhile back from OSWD,org there is nothing wrong with using templates but as someone told me on this site, atleast give credit were credit is due.  With me being such a fan of clean code, and clean css, even though I normally use a template to do my sites, I ALWAYS rewrite the html/css code so it looks a lot neater, and you really should remove all the warnings, and errors from the CSS.  That alone would give the site a better feel.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.