Which Antivirus program are you using?

ila

Which antivirus program are you using?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which antivirus program are you using?

• AVG
    • Avast
    • Avira
    • Kaspersky
    • Panda
    • McAfee
    • Nod 32
    • Norton
    • Other
    • None

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO:

Antivir's is the free anti-virus software of choice for techies, it has won many tech publications' free antivirus round-ups by providing both the most thorough software protection and the fastest. but it is that it's slightly less user-friendly than Microsoft Security Essentials, with some of the settings requiring some technical knowledge to get right. Yet if you've the know how, it'll do everything you want it to.

Norton used to be quite good but they have slipped, I'm a currently Kaspersky fan, but start of 2008 I was a Trend Micro fan, also used Webroot (in fact I have a unopened copy on my shelf) and ESET NOD32, and Prior to that was Norton,

Personally I would recommend Kaspersky  (or BitDefender Antivirus is supposed to be quite good)

If you have online banking check to see if they give away a years free trial to an AV (I only found this out when I was trying to get a cheap copy of Kaspersky),

as for free AV's you have a choice of:

Microsoft Security Essentials.

Avira Antivir.

Avast! home edition.

AVG Free.

Personally I would recommend Kaspersky

Yes, however don't use the version prior to 2010 release (Internet Security Suite) with Windows Vista if your pc is on a domain and has drive mappings. It will slow access to the drives massively. Spoke to Kaspersky about this and they are aware of the issue but have no fix. 6.03 works fine.

I do not use any. If I refer someone to one it is usually AVG Free, as it does decent work or I have them install Spybot.

But yea, I know what to download/not to (At least I hope so) and if I do slip up and install something I shouldn't have, well then I must have needed to format my computer and I do so. I tend to keep all of my stuff on a separate drive so formatting is easy as just doing it.

On that note I really need to make an image so all of the software is installed for me after a format. Maybe next format I will. (lol I always say that) .

I used to use 'None' but I uninstalled it as I kept getting viruses when other people used the computer. Now I use AVG as it's the best free one I've tried.

On that note I really need to make an image so all of the software is installed for me after a format. Maybe next format I will. (lol I always say that) .

I say that every time I redo a PC, I'm yet to do it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.