Between Dreamweaver & the Internet - What's Next?

I installed a preconfigured package with Apache, PHP and MySQL from Apache Friends. I finally figured out how to make MySQL tables. Next, I was able to get MySQL connected to Dreamweaver with the help of a tutorial at http://paul.ecommerce.hct.ac.ae/tutorials/...php/dwmxphp.htm

But what's next? The tutorial recommends that I use other tutorials to continue, but I haven't yet found any good tutorials.

If you look at the last picture on the last page of this tutorial at http://paul.ecommerce.hct.ac.ae/tutorials/...mxphp-part3.htm, that's pretty much what I see on my web page, so I must have done something right. But I thought I was supposed to get a TABLE. I purchased a book about PHP and MySQL, but it's proven pretty much worthless.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial that takes you from connecting to Dreamweaver to previewing a MySQL table on a webpage to publishing it to the Internet, preferably illustrated with pictures every step of the way? This stuff is just too complex to follow with nothing but plain text.

Thanks.

Kind of a tough question as I have no idea how much you know.

Once you have a connection built to a database that has tables with information it is now time to think of how you are going to use that information in your web site.

I have built a customer based web site for the compny I work for and the tables contain customer information which I extract buy uiputed information.

How I started was bought a book on Databasing though DMX, it explained in ASP but ig gave me the start I needed to understand what I was doing, for the most part the steps are the same no matter what format you are using.

I woudl advice to check out a book on Dreamwaever and Databasing, the go from there. I have been only in it for a bout a month and I have my first site up and running, it is in testing and I can think of 100 things a day to make it better I am just now tryingt o find the answers to my question.

The book I got was Dreamwaever MX Complete Course. Databasing is only covered in Chapters 14-17 but it was well worth it for me.

I am not completelly sure what you are trying to do, I use dreamweaver mx on the coding level, I really never use it on the display level. If you are trying to manipulate sql databases, I reccomend you get phpmyadmin. It is a web based database editing tool, you'll never have to touch any sql code until you use it in your pages.

I'm not sure if this answered your question, but I am happy to help if you might be able to elaborate for us.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.