Free Video Editor

The Little Guy

CV, I don't think thats much of a movie editior. Its more of a movie viewer, if that.

Well I mean, it's not some badass program or anything...It's like comparing windows paint to adobe photoshop...sure, if you look at it like that, then of course it doesn't compare.  But WMM has basic editing and a few effects here and there.  Just kind of depends on what TLG's goal is. 

Didn't watch the whole things since I can't stand SOAD music, but the first half of the first video looks doable with WMM.

Basically the answer comes down to this:

all good things in life come with a price tag.

(Yeah, there are often free competitors like Gimp and Photoshop, but I don't know of anything like that for video.)

okay maybe I'm missing something but it looks like those two youtube links are just a song dubbed over a bunch of randomly pasted together movie clips.  WMM can do that...

WMM isn't as precise, as what I am looking for, but I got Adobe Premiere to work, so... Ill just use that!

using the arrow keys takes you from the beginning the next or previous clip. Premiere the arrows take you one frame at a time.

okay so they have a difference in hotkeys. Looks like in WMM you can move from frame to frame with the J and L keys. 

Maybe it would help if you gave a specific example of what you need that WMM doesn't offer. I mean, I know I sound like a salesman, but you did say free and so far I haven't really seen you give a solid example of what WMM doesn't offer for the examples you've given... I guess it's moot since you got adobe premiere to "work."

so far I haven't really seen you give a solid example of what WMM doesn't offer for the examples you've given... I guess it's moot since you got adobe premiere to "work."

WMM doesn't have advanced visual effects

WMM doesn't have an advanced transition editor

WMM doesn't support frame snapping

WMM doesn't support layered video/audio

There is a lot more, but I am not that good with Premiere yet, so I don't know all the other stuff :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.