[SOLVED] help needed with installing and setting up Zend Framework

jokerbla

Ok, I can't take it anymore, It's been three days since I'm trying to install Zend Framework. I have read tutorials, forums, documentation... nothing helped, please help.

I am using WAMP, I have downloaded the zend framework in the www folder (/site/something/ZendFramework), I have set the include path in the php.ini

include_path = ".;c:\php\includes.;\site\ZendFramework-1.8.4\library"

Can't figure out what to do with that .htaccess file, there are several of those in my wamp folder..

I used this -> http://framework.zend.com/svn/framework/standard/trunk/demos/Zend/Gdata/InstallationChecker.php to check if Zend Framework is installed and kept getting the openssl missing error (ofc I wasted like one day to try to install that openssl and failed)

I still can't figure out how to set it up, what am I doing wrong?

Its really not that hard. Zend does not need to go into your web servers document root, you can put it anywhere on your pc, just make sure its within php's include_path.

Thats it.

The link you pointed to checks to see if you can run Zend's GData library, obviously your php extension is missing the required openssl extension. this however will have no affect on the rest of Zend working.

I see, well, aside from that openssl extension

changed my php.ini :

include_path = ".;E:\wamp\www\site\ZendFramework-1.8.4\library"

Everytime I make a change, I restart the services. I try running a demo php file in the ZendFramework folder and it still doesn't work. I did everything right, what's wrong?

The all-in-one packages often (stupidly) have multiple php.ini files. You need to make sure the one you are changing is the correct one.

The output from a phpinfo(); statement will show you which one php is actually using as the "Loaded Configuration File."

On top of that, your projects don't go in the ZendFramework directory. They too can go anywhere, you just need to make sure your public directory (as outlined by the quickstart guide) is your virtual hosts document root.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.