Framework Auto-Admin (Django Theory)

ionik

Hello,

I have built a (almost) complete Framework based on Zend, the final feature I will be adding is based from Python's Django Framework the auto-building admin (using the same construction setup)

What I have come up with so far to handle this is currently

Currently the theory I have come up with is to have a the Admin Core Singleton which holds the registry for Models within each Model will be a registry of the fields, the configuration for fields, model configuration, a single method for initializing the Builder which will analyze the Models in the registry, add the routes and build a navigation.

The admin will be handled through one class(controller) which will feature a method for each action that can be done (view, add, edit, delete) which would be one class with 4 methods. The class would dynamically build the administration view based on a defaults unless otherwise given.

Basically it would be

Admin_Core -> Load Modules -> Init Admin_Core -> Load Routes & Nav -> Route to Admin -> Determain Model -> Construct View based on default and config given from model configuration

Other tid-bits such as form processing and generation, permission handling, action/error logging I have already built into the framework and would be easy to process given from the config given from a model.

Models would need to be added to the Admin_Core that would allow for the same type simplicity that is used in Django and the first 4 process would have to take place before the page is routed to within the framework ....

Anyone have suggestions?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.