Favorite Smiley?

PugJr

I must say these smilies on phpfreaks are more appealing than like phpbb or invisionfree.

Probably the best ones are:  :D:(, >:(,  :-\

Worst one:  :-* I really don't see when anyone is ever going to use that smiley.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Errr....

A VoIP thing....  Free calling from computer to computer over the internet, and fairly cheap calling from computer to mobile/land lines.  (Well, cheap internationally lol.)

That sounded advertisey, but I don't know how else to describe it lol.

I must say these smilies on phpfreaks are more appealing than like phpbb or invisionfree.

Probably the best ones are:  :D:( , >:( ,  :-\

Worst one:  :-* I really don't see when anyone is ever going to use that smiley.

I can't say I was ever a fan of these smilies to be honest (certainly better than alot of others though). By far, my favorite smilies on any website / forum is those that belong to conceptart.org

I made a screen captured modified collection of *some* of them (there is quite a lot). I'm not sure if this is conceptart's specifically (and I have a feeling it is) or if it is availble from VBulletin (as that's what they use for their forums). In any case, upon seeing theirs, all others pale in comparison (IMO anyways - and I'm speaking of small forum sized ones that we typically see.. not the larger ones). I would love to try my hand at doing a few smilie emoticons.. could see that as a fun small side project (perhaps after the current art peice, I just may turn to that as a kind of break).

Ok, I was too tempted.. so I gave it a quick shot. What do you guys think?

my_smilies.gif

I was 'inspired' by conceptart's versions, so I came up these (but made it closer in look to what we currently have). Ober, if you guys would like to replace your current set with something like these, I would be more than willing to give / expand on these. These forums have given me much.. I would be more than happy to 'emotically' pitch in to help out...

They look pretty nice. If you can create a full set (possibly also beyond the scope of our current ones) we could probably look at replacing them.

Done.

I'll look at what we currently have. I can hammer out the equivalent of what we have (I can animate those that require animations later on if you guys want to pursue these further), submit them for feedback, and I would be more than glad to expand beyond what we currently have. I'll post more soon.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.