Favorite Smiley?

PugJr

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with ober.  The head shake doesn't seem to fit.  Also, what's with the star flying off his head?  Seems as though he's smacking himself.

Umm.. that's exactly it.. I figured it exaggerated the frustration over stupidity.. doesn't work?

Ok, here is a version without the head shake:

facepalm_anim_test-05.gif

still think it looks like he's trying to be psychic. 

My script doesn't work, what's wrong with it? <no details or code posted>

facepalm_anim_test-05.gif  Nope. I've got nothin'. 

which is fine.  Great for posts like that.  Think the head banging on wall or something similar for "stupid" posts or expression of frustration.

Ok, so if I'm up to speed, Dan and ober like the latest as is, Maq doesn't like the star smacking effect (along with CV?) and CV thinks its for psychic (CV, I guess I don't see it as such for two reasons.. typically, people don't smack their head to go into a psychic pose), and I typically see that psychic pose as something like this (note the position of the hands). That's just me though..

:sweat:  *whew* A lot of work to get a facepalm / psychic emoticon on common grounds  :tease-03:

Ok, so if I'm up to speed, Dan and ober like the latest as is, Maq doesn't like the star smacking effect (along with CV?) and CV thinks its for psychic (CV, I guess I don't see it as such for two reasons.. typically, people don't smack their head to go into a psychic pose), and I typically see that psychic pose as something like this (note the position of the hands). That's just me though..

:sweat:  *whew* A lot of work to get a facepalm / psychic emoticon on common grounds  :tease-03:

To me the star effect adds to the mysticism associated with trying to be psychic. 

But as far as the "people don't smack their head to go into a psychic pose" : see that's the thing.  To me, it doesn't look like he's smacking his head.  It looks like he's bring his hand up to his forehead to concentrate, stars coming out of his head, etc.. I see the double-hand thing used for trying to be psychic, as well, but I've seen plenty of one-handed psychic poses, as well.

Anyways, I like it as is. Star and everything.  But I just interpret it as trying to be psychic, rather than a "facepalm" thing, so I would use it as such.

To me the star effect adds to the mysticism associated with trying to be psychic. 

But as far as the "people don't smack their head to go into a psychic pose" : see that's the thing.  To me, it doesn't look like he's smacking his head.  It looks like he's bring his hand up to his forehead to concentrate, stars coming out of his head, etc.. I see the double-hand thing used for trying to be psychic, as well, but I've seen plenty of one-handed psychic poses, as well.

Anyways, I like it as is. Star and everything.  But I just interpret it as trying to be psychic, rather than a "facepalm" thing, so I would use it as such.

Well, I think I can also come up with a specific psychic emoticon (in hind sight, we all know that one would come in very handy, as we all know how some people omit specific details and expect us to problem solve it anyway).. so I'll make a psychic one CV.. I would wager that would help make the facepalm distinct.

EDIT - And I'll do the wall one as well.

In that sense I would agree.  But how many people are going to actually figure out the stars effect is related to being psychic?

So is it psychic or facepalm?  I don't think combining the two would make much sense.

In any case, it's not that big of a deal, the smiley looks good regardless.  :geek:

is that lightbulb one supposed to be the psychic smiley?  I hope not...that to me represents a "hey, i have an idea" or "hey, there's an idea" smiley

I agree.  Maybe a smiley with a crystal ball or something?

.... and touche?  Or did we have one agreed upon?

I'm still awaiting feedback on it:

Piggybacking off CV, you should make the smiley bow with a fencing sword.

Ok, so how about something along these lines?

touche.gif

I like the top one personally (and in case your wondering, that's a face screen in the up position on his head - gets difficult to squeeze detail into a small pixel space like that)  :P

Haven't heard from the others (sometimes, silence speaks louder than words  :keep_quiet: )

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.