Favorite Smiley?

PugJr

Could somebody create a smiley that is angry and holding a sign that says code tags so that I and others can tell newbies to use said tags in a sassy he-must-be-a-pro way?

I'll sqeeze that into the proposal (the admin team will decide what goes and what stays - assuming they choose to head in the new emoticon direction).

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I allowed to post here?. Everyone is staff.

Actually, not every is staff.. staff as I undertsand it is defined as Mods/Admins. The rest of us are what you call 'grunts'.  :P

Ok, so I hammered off a few more. Again, let me know what you think.

Update:

my_smilies02.gif

CV, I didn't forget about the sarcasm one.. I just have to really think about how I'm going to do that one. I'm going to comb over the conceptart collection and see which ones would be useful (again, suggestions are welcome).

Oh, I know it wasn't your intention. Oh, and you don't mean  >:( , but rather angry.gif, right? wink.gif

EDIT - While I do agree with you that the smilies we have are better looking than some of the others out there.. I personally don't think it's a bad idea to have our very own, don't you? We could spice things up and extend to let your 'emoticon' feelings' come out.

Besides, this all doesn't mean we're switching (its up to the staff after all). Wouldn't hurt IMO. More icons to come. Stay tuned.

lol it's not a sunburn, its a circular gradient going from lighter on the inside to darker on the outer edge. That can be reduced without a problem though.

The purpose is just so that the smilies aren't a flat shade.

Am I the only one who thinks there's some kind of 5'oclock shadow or maybe  sunburn shit going on with nrg's smileys?

Hahah.  :D You still are funny, CV.

And these phpfreaks smilies aren't phpfreaks only? I've never seen these smilies before!

Update: I made some modifications, like removing the 'sunburned' look, added some noise to afro-smilie, had the ones holding signs hold them closer to the body, stuff like that. Had some time to squeeze in the beginning of the second row.my_smilies03.gif

I'll wrap this set up by the end of this weekend the latest (still want to add a few more, like crying for example - I could even do some test animations afterwards). Door's open for feedback - except for you PugJr, I know you hate these already wink.gif.

No, I don't hate them. Hate is such a strong word...How about...disliked? ;)

EDIT: And I don't hate them, its just that I like phpfreaks current ones more. They aren't bad, better than most.

Yeah, I throw the term 'hate' around quite loosely. I do agree with you that the current ones are better than a lot of others out there. Many forums icons are just so plain.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. :) I'll hammer some more out to fill out the second row (by this weekend) and will then submit for your approval (with perhaps an animation test or two).

I think CV got the best idea in that if we do go this route, perhaps appending these newer ones to the older ones (to satisfy those who prefer one set over the other)?

In any case, the rest of the second row is coming. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again.

What should :) then refer to?

It should refer to what it always has. :)  I don't think you need anything more than to just append them into the [more] list and maybe a couple new ones across the top top in the default display.

The only ones I don't really like are the thumbs up/down - think they are a bit too big. Other than that I love these new ones! :D

I vote for new ones, I mean come on, everyone else has the SMF ones, lets shake it up a bit.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.