Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liquid Fire

Updating a table?

hey is a question that i am think of while planning out this project i am going to be working on.  Know let say i have a databse alreayd filled with a couple hundred or even thousand entries.  if i sundenly new a new row in the table and i add it, teh old entries will aquire this new table, correct? 

That makes no sense at all.

Do you mean you 'suddenly' want a new [b]column[/b] added to an [b]existing[/b] table?

If you mean to say what Andy writes, then yes, all old rows will have that new column as well.

Why would you want to do such a thing, anyway?

yes that is what I meant.

well i am designing a project management system and with project that big i am sure i might miss a few things here and there that i will need to fix while i am coding and it would be better if i could just add a column instead recreating the whole table.  also after the first release i plan to continue working on it and well new systems that i might add may require new column on existing tables

also while designing i am sure that my table are going to change alittle throughout the process and again i was just making sure i can do that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.