need to work for the government

jcombs_31

So the way you get out of (or rather recovering from) an economic crisis is spending a shitload of money? Cool. Send me some money and I'll help you.

Absolutely incredulous...

And yet, two really large auto companies who's overhead bankrupted them will somehow run more efficiently under government oversight.

The government has no desire to remain at the head of those companies for very long at all.  From what I've seen, they plan to right the ship and get the fuck out in under 18 months.

On the one hand I'd say gd wtf but on the other hand (the more important hand, as it is my jerkoff hand), I have to say to everybody here (and web devs in general) STFU, keep your damn mouth shut and go with it.  That's the kind of shit that justifies you charging more than $2.15/hr.

I've just sent a $15,000,000 counter-offer to The White House, fingers crossed! Think of what they could spend their $3,000,000 saving on...

Oh, please don't under-cut me; I need the Benjamins.

Too late, I bid $10mil!

Bloody foreigners, always doing it cheaper than I can afford to. This is why our industry is so under-valued, it makes me sick.

Last I checked, you're in England while CV and The White House are in the US :P

Minor details...

I just would love to know how it can be justified.  I'm pretty sure Obama has been using the same group since he began his run for President. He had a pretty nice website and I see a common style on all the new sites they are launching, including the new white house website.

So the way you get out of (or rather recovering from) an economic crisis is spending a shitload of money? Cool. Send me some money and I'll help you.

This is a rather tedious debate. Economists won't be agreeing with each other anytime soon.

This is a rather tedious debate. Economists won't be agreeing with each other anytime soon.

Right. The other side of the fence argues that people tend to get scared during crisis and not spend any money.  If people aren't spending any money, people aren't making any money.  Prices get raised or else businesses shut down.  Now people really won't be spending money. Keeps feeding on itself.  So the theory/idea is to throw a bunch of "free" money into the mix.  Hope is that since it's "free" people will be inclined to spend it.  People spend money, people make money, crisis abated.  The overall principle is that a good chunk of the crisis is not necessarily a lack of money, but a lack of buyer/investor confidence, so money is not being spent.

I reckon those on social welfare in Ireland should be put to work. Social welfare here is about 200 or so Euros a week. Why not make them work the hours to "earn" that? Min. wage over here is about 8 Euro or more / hour. Surely we can make the country a better place by getting them to work on roadworks etc. (We'll stop short of creating a massive army and taking over Europe, of course).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.