American Gangsters - Beta V 1.25

DeanWhitehouse

American Gangsters is back and better than ever, we have a new design (with a new designer continously working to improve it) and we have new and improved features.

Please let me know what you think of the design (which is still work in progress) and what you think of the features (some are still unfinished).

Any feedback is appriciated.

http://www.americangangsters.org/

Please leave us any feedback here or on the site :)

Thanks,

Dean

This game sucks. You consistently have to wait wait wait.. and you never are successful in a crime. Maybe the chances are against me, but if you increase the odds and decrease the wait time maybe you'll get more members interested into your website.

The website looks in general are fine. just keep adding more features!  ;)

The waiting is only apparent more so now as there is not as much to do as there will be when completed and when there is a more active community to interact with.

The waiting will also help reduce cheating attempts and server load.

And the chances are low to start off wtih (as in real life) and then increase when you have more expierence in that thing, e.g. crime chance of mugging someone starts at 0 and increases each time you attempt it.

The odds are coding wise correct and work like they would in real life.

If you have a suggestion for an alternative/improved system for crimes etc. i would love to hear it :)

Thanks,

Blade

The waiting is only apparent more so now as there is not as much to do as there will be when completed and when there is a more active community to interact with.

The waiting will also help reduce cheating attempts and server load.

And the chances are low to start off wtih (as in real life) and then increase when you have more expierence in that thing, e.g. crime chance of mugging someone starts at 0 and increases each time you attempt it.

The odds are coding wise correct and work like they would in real life.

If you have a suggestion for an alternative/improved system for crimes etc. i would love to hear it :)

Thanks,

Blade

That sounds realistic, but what is realistic isn't always what is profitable.

Mafia games are old news and people are loyal to old time mafia games like bl and dtm, you will probably start with a small user-base and end up with a completely different site; if they have their way. Stick at it and stick to your guns and in a few years you may start earning.

Overall the profit margins are small compared to the workload, you need to scout the competition and steal their ideas and chances are you will have A S**TLOAD of bitching to deal with.

Over all, i your hoping for a business, you wasted your time. Mafia games are unfeasible...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.