HERATHEIM WORKS

HERATHEIM

I have don't have flash installed :) Instantly I cannot navigate through your site. I know the majority of people have it installed, but personally I wouldn't want to rely on it. Also it adds quite a bit more to download when visiting your site.

What is your website for? I have been looking at the home page for a good couple of minutes and I cannot understand its purpose. Remember, I am a user who has jumped in from Google, I don't want to have to navigate through your links to find out, I'm probably going to turn around and go back to Google.

The colours aren't bad, probably what I would expect from a site with this 'image'.

How is the website code generated? If you have control, consider putting all that JavaScript in .js files and calling them in, as if im not mistaken, they will not be cached by the browser when it is embedded in the HTML code.

Also your HTML doesn't validate, neither does your CSS.

Cheers,

ILMV

I have don't have flash installed :) Instantly I cannot navigate through your site. I know the majority of people have it installed, but personally I wouldn't want to rely on it. Also it adds quite a bit more to download when visiting your site.

What is your website for? I have been looking at the home page for a good couple of minutes and I cannot understand its purpose. Remember, I am a user who has jumped in from Google, I don't want to have to navigate through your links to find out, I'm probably going to turn around and go back to Google.

The colours aren't bad, probably what I would expect from a site with this 'image'.

How is the website code generated? If you have control, consider putting all that JavaScript in .js files and calling them in, as if im not mistaken, they will not be cached by the browser when it is embedded in the HTML code.

Also your HTML doesn't validate, neither does your CSS.

Cheers,

ILMV

Thanks for your critique ILMV

My website is about me, my work, and what i do... need to change the home page....

I put the javascript in file and fixed the css validation.... but the xhtml still give me errors, the error i have got from JavaScript and i can't figure what is the problem  ???  if you can, please tell me what's wrong with it... link: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heratheimworks.ath.cx&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0&verbose=1&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.654

If you know how too put my website to the top of the list in the search, please help me  ;D and if you have some tips for it...

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to be off topic, but why don't you guys have flash installed? 

More on topic, your use of flash is poor.  It adds no value to your site and does more harm than good. I'm a fan of flash when used correctly.

Theres no decent open source player for it.

More on topic, your use of flash is poor.  It adds no value to your site and does more harm than good. I'm a fan of flash when used correctly.

Flash can lag with certain banners when browsing the internet. Thats my reason for not having it installed.

Why do you need an open source player?  What is wrong with what Adobe provides?

Flash can lag with certain banners when browsing the internet. Thats my reason for not having it installed.

I've never had this problem. I just don't see the justification for not having flash installed.

That seems more like a job for adblock.

Not to get into a big arguement here but FF runs slower on my computer than IE (I'm not saying FF is faster or slower on all machines, but it is for mine.) does and by removing flash I effectivly remove all advertisments.

That seems more like a job for adblock.

Not to get into a big arguement here but FF runs slower on my computer than IE (I'm not saying FF is faster or slower on all machines, but it is for mine.) does and by removing flash I effectivly remove all advertisments.

You must be running windows vista. Always microsoft screws something up. I had this problem for 6 months and then one day FF went BING! and it worked. No pun intended.

From what i saw, fire fox on linux runs faster then on windows...  :facewall:  my next machine will have linux :)

Err...FF on any new computer shouldn't lag at all, so why would that matter? Not to down linux but unless you know what you are doing (Which I'm not saying you do or don't) you are better off with a microsoft OS and even if you do know what you are doing with a linux OS, you still have a good chance of being better off with a microsoft OS unless you like to emulate alot of things which always makes everything extremely inefficent.

Why do you need an open source player?  What is wrong with what Adobe provides?

Just me I guess, I only use OS these days.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.