Include File Issues

adgnola

I am moving to a new server and I'm having issues with some include files. The files reside in my root web in a folder called includes (they are header and footer files). The files have the extension .inc. After to moving to the new server these work fine for locally stored files but when I call these include files from another server I get the following error:

Warning: include(http://freemanweb11.freeman.tulane.edu/ ... header.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in C:\web\webdocs\wp-content\themes\freeman\header.php on line 39

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://freemanweb11.freeman.tulane.edu/includes/header.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\web\webdocs\wp-content\themes\freeman\header.php on line 39

In php.ini both allow_url_fopen and allow_url_includes are set to "on". The is the same set up as on the old server where everything works fine. Oddly enough if I name the include files with an extension of .php they work fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction? My brain is wracked! Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Another oddity, the error references c:\php5\pear. This folder does not exist when I check the phpinfo the configuration file loaded for all servers is what I expect it to be. When I installed php I installed in a folder on the root of c called "php" there is no php5 folder. I can't determine where this is coming from.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.