[SOLVED] What

waynewex

I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem with my code. I've just began designing a template for a site and I've ran into a pretty strange problem.

I saved a .png image file to an images folder on my localhost, but when I tried to view that image with the browser and/or place it in my template via a CSS file, the browser acted as if it doesn't exist. I'm 100% sure that the image is there and that the URL of the image in my CSS file is correct. I tried deleting my Internet history and trying again, but no. I then deleted my Internet history again and tried with IE, but that couldn't pick it up either. Yet when I navigate to it with Windows Exporer, I can see it and view it.

It has never done this before? And I haven't changed any Apache or PHP settings....  :wtf:

Found the problem. In my home directory, I had an old .htaccess file from another site that I must have moved there while doing something or another. The file was protecting against hotlinking.

No, definitely not. Just a few seconds ago it showed; then I refreshed (without changing any code) and it didn't show.

I guess that means it isn't doing a very good job at protecting?

For some reason I read that, and the following conversation took place in my head: "Damn bitch, it's not my fault you got pregnant! I used a condom.  Not my fault it was made for someone with a dick 3x bigger than mine!" and then she says "No, you're dick is 3x smaller than the average."

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.