[SOLVED] Programing course sugestion

xcoderx

Im takin a course for 1 year and it has, html, java, vb, oracle, php, sql and ftp. So after this will it be easy to understand php/mysql well?

... unless the course happens to be falsely advertising itself, then presumably yes.

You need to start googling.  MySQL is a database.  It stores data.  SQL is the syntax you use to query that data that you have stored and add more data to it (or remove data as the case may be).

Neither has much to do with learning PHP.

SQL (Structured Query Language) is a language. MySQL is an RDBMS (relational database management system) that uses a dialect of SQL. PostreSQL, DB2, Oracle, SQLite and MS SQL Server are other examples that also use their own dialect of SQL. That means they each share common features, but also have unique proprietary features. It's the same way that you have English as a kind of general language, and then you have a lot of dialects and sociolects thereof.

Learned alot today, all these yearz i did fiddle around with mysql but neva realy knew wot it was. But anyways i should have made this topic n then taken my admision for the course, now my 1 year gone again il have to learn mysql after 1 year, what a waste.

I did understand everything they said but i was trying to clear myself in if il after the course be able to do sites with php and mysql, i wanted to know if learning mysql would be easy later. Thats what i was trying to clear in my head.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.