Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AncientSage

Name for array element instead of number...

Hello,

I'm getting results from a database, and it's doing as I expect, however, if I do something like this...

$row['config_name']['file_size']

...where config_name is the column, and file_size is the row, I cannot access it. Instead, I have to do this:

$row[0]['config_name']

To access it, then, I have a $row[0]['config_value'] column/values, however, I don't want to be fetching a number and guess around with what I have, so I'd like the name in replacement of 0 to be as well, the name of config_name.

So yes, I want to be able to access a part of that array, by the name of a row in in config_name. Thanks.

[i]Sorry if I didn't explain that well, I'll explain it better, if needed.[/i]

$config_name0=$row[0]['config_name'];

your have to assign a varable to the name for it to make human sence ok.

Meh. So there is no easier way to force it to use names instead of numbers when drawing from a database?

Then I guess I'll have to make sure I do this all very carefully.

If you are getting results from a database use mysql_fetch_assoc, this returns an associative array, for example it uses the fields names for the array key rather than a number, rather than mysql_fetch_row.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.