I need comments, advise, please

bookbliss

Hello,

I have build an informational website, www.bevslistings.com  I used weebly.com because it is so easy to use. Obviously, I am not very knowledgable about website design, just your basic computer user. The website is my attempt to list events going in my area and I don't have many graphics on it. I am not getting many people to view the website, although I have flyers around town about it. I know it is a very wordy website, and wonder how to make it interesting for people to view. I will take no offense to any critique. I know I need help!!

-I would have New or Upcoming events right on the front page, to grab attention.

-Have some sort of Calander or List view. Breaking things down by categories is nice, but being able to see what is going on for a particular day is more useful

-Some URLs aren't actual links...they are just the URL as text

-For longer pages, have a section at the top that lists the different sections on that page (a table of contents basically), and have that link with an anchor tag to that part of the page

-The site takes a couple seconds to load. You may want to consider re-thinking your background images, to make them smaller in size

p.s. - Under Ice Cream stands, Kimball Farm in Westford should be first...best ice cream ever!!

edit: oh, and another thing...maybe a section of specials/dicounts. i know kimball's for instance has online coupons for discounts on putt-putt

- (FF3) Your "Contact" link gets pushed down underneath the "Home" link and isn't visible until you hover it.

- Expand more.  You are only using 50% of the page.  Too much empty real estate.

- The background image isn't very exciting.  Your page is supposed to convey the activities, events and excitements of Boston but your background makes me want to fall asleep.

- Your fonts are inconsistent.  I would avoid using neon colors and maybe choose a more consistent color scheme.

- It's not a bad start but needs some work.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.