change table data

proctk

below is code that 'm try use create to delete change table data based on the value in a column

if column user_id has a value and column Otheruser_id is balk I want the table row deleted

if the column Otheruser_id has a value and the user that has a value in column user_id wants to remove themself form the profile i want to give the option to change the value in the colum user_id to blank

If the the value in column Otheruser_id is blank and the user wants to remove themself from the profile then I want the table row to be deleted.

hope this makes sense any help is great

thank you

[code=php:0]
<title>Delete Child</title>

<?

include 'db.php';

$user_id = $_REQUEST['id'];

$sql_delete_child = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM children WHERE user_id = '$user_id'
OR Otheruser_id = '$user_id'");

$delete_child_found = mysql_fetch_array($sql_delete_child) or die(mysql_error());

$chid_id = $delete_child_found['user_id'];
$Otheruser_id = $delete_child_found['Otheruser_id'];

if($child_id == $user_id){
mysql_query("UPDATE children SET user_id = 'null' WHERE user_id='$user_id'");

}

if($user_id == $Otheruser_id){
mysql_query("UPDATE children SET Otheruser_id = 'null' WHERE Otheruser_id='$user_id'");

}

if($child_id == $user_id and $Otheruser_id <= 0){
mysql_query("DELETE FROM children WHERE user_id = '$user_id'") or die(mysql_error());

}

include 'getchildren.php';

?>

[/code]

I want to give users the ability to remove thier user_id from a table.  the columns where their user_id could be found is column "user_id" or "Otheruser_id".  There will be a link next to the information that will update the table.

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.