cannot change windows title

robert_gsfame

Hello everyone, i created my own html page using dreamweaver, but the problem is that the title doesn't change although i've tried to change the <title>blabla</title> but the title didn't change as what written which is blablabla

does anyone can give me this explanation and what to do?

thanks in advance :o

If your code is like that, then you shouldn't have a problem. There are a few possibilities:

1) the page is cached

- on any browser other than Safari, hold ctrl and press F5 (if you are on a mac I don't know what you press). This will do a hard refresh of the page, without taking anything from the cache.

2) Make sure that the page you are editing is the page you are viewing. For example maybe you are editing a page in one folder, and looking at a copy from another folder. Or uploading it to the wrong folder on the server. Or looking at a server copy and changing a local copy. Or looking at a local copy and uploading the changed copy to the server.

Don't you need a head tag though? the link and the title tag go inside of the head... Unless I've missed something and they have made it no longer necessary.. o_o'

<html>

<head>

<link rel="shortcut icon" xxxxxxx >

<title>blablabla</title>

</head>

<body>

</body>

</html>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.